The faculty and staff are excited to welcome our students back to school this week! Please note the following drop-off and pick-up procedures as they are different from past years. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Student Arrival and Dismissal
Please note that we have made changes to the arrival and dismissal process at Cohen. For the safety of all, please note the following:
- Parent drop off and pick-up will take place on Garland Street. We ask that parents use the curb along the school-side of the street and approach the school from Howard Street. Parents are asked to not park along the curb as the line will need to keep moving for other parents. Thank you for not parking on Garland Street.
- School buses will access the school parking lot to drop off students.
- Students in need of handicapped accessibility may enter the parking lot.
- Students should arrive between 8:00 and 8:10 am beginning September 3rd.
SEE MAP Grade 6 Map
Walkers will be dismissed at 2:25 pm.
Students that will be picked-up in a parent vehicle will be dismissed at 2:27 pm.
Students riding the bus will be dismissed at 2:30 pm.
Student Points of Entry
- Teachers and school staff will guide students to the proper entrance on the first days of school.
- Please note the following plan for the first two days of school:
Grade 6 Day 1: Students will enter through the cafeteria doors in the rear of the building and report to their Mod 1 class. Their Mod 1 class is noted on the schedule they received in the mail. Faculty and staff will be outside to help guide students to the cafeteria doors.
Grades 7-8 Day 2:
Grade 7 and 8 students will enter the building and report to their Mod 1 class. Their Mod 1 class is noted on the schedule they received in the mail.
Gymnasium Doors: Mod 1 Class: Bridges, Lajoie, Richards, Marks
Cafeteria Doors: Mod 1 Class: Astbury, Lalime, Pushard, True, Pietrak
Library Doors: Mod 1 Class: Martin, Shulman, Vittum, Stanhope, Guite,
Auditorium Entrance: Mod 1 Class: Holmes, Tibbetts
Entry and Exit protocols will be reviewed with students the first days of school.