November 1, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Currently, the state has designated Penobscot County as a “green” county. Therefore, Cohen will remain with in-person, hybrid, and remote instruction. The state will continue to monitor health factors and share designations (green, yellow, red) every two weeks throughout the school year. However, it may become necessary for the state to reassess on a weekly basis.
If the state designates Penobscot County as “yellow,” Cohen will transition to two instructional pathways for students – hybrid and remote. If this occurs, please note the following:
- The current Hybrid and Remote students will continue with the same schedule and pathway.
Students attending five days per week will transition to the Hybrid schedule, which is noted below:
- Group A: Students with parents (primary household) whose last name begins with A-K.
- Group A students attend school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternating Fridays.
- Group B: Students with parents (primary household) whose last name begins with L-Z.
- Group B students attend school Tuesdays, Thursdays, and alternating Fridays.
Three attachments, including the second quarter dates for hybrid learning, are attached below.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time of uncertainty. Please call the school office with any questions.
Michael H. Missbrenner