Update: Please review the attached letter for updated information about fall sports. Tryouts scheduled for September 8 and September 9.
Fall Sports Information
Tryouts for fall sports are September 8-9. Please remember that students must have a physical on file in the office prior to the beginning of tryouts in order to participate. One physical covers students for all three years at the William S. Cohen School. Additionally, all students must have an annual Parent Consent Form on file prior to the start of tryouts. All forms are available at the school office as well as online at bangorschools.net. Students who do not have both forms on file prior to the start of tryouts will not be permitted to try out.
Students will sign-up for tryouts during the first week of school. Information about try-outs will be provided to students the first week of school.
Fall Athletic Teams
- Football – Football is the only sport that starts before school begins. Football is a non-cut sport, so there are no tryouts. Equipment day will likely be during the week of August 16th with practices starting the following week.
- Field Hockey – Field hockey is a cut sport.
- Boys Soccer – Soccer is a cut sport.
- Girls Soccer – Soccer is a cut sport.
- Cross Country – Cross Country is a non-cut sport, so there are no try-outs.
Please call Mr. Zach Ellis, Athletic Director, if you have any questions about fall athletics at William S. Cohen.